Friday, April 3, 2009

Channeling | Blog Features

I keep tabs on a number of blogs in search of inspiration. Nobody measures up to Tin Tin, over at The Trad. He’s like the mentor I wish I had. My favorite part of his blog is a regular feature called Friday Belts. He combines a profile of an interesting method for holding up pants and a brand of whiskey to match. Check Out:

Hermes & Rye

A Rob Roy Spur

Single Malts & Stable Belts

The Tiffany Martini

The Original

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first blog I ever got into was David Plotz’s Blogging the Bible. When he wrapped up the Old Testament he inquired if a Christian fellow would be interested in doing the New half. I offered, I even did it on my myspace blog. But I got no reply for a long time, then when I saw an email from him in my inbox I was only slightly disappointed to learn he had turned his blog into a book that I could buy. Um, Dave, I already read it. But thanks for not purging me from your address book, I guess.

One blog that should be a book when it’s finished is 1001 Rules for my Unborn Son.

Dig these:

5. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room: You’ll be surprised how often it works.

28. Keep your eye on the ball and follow through. In sports and in life.

96. Don’t show off. Impress.


125. A t-shirt is neither a philosophy nor an advertisement. It’s a shirt. Wear it plain.

190. Don’t Own Rolling Luggage.

232. There is exactly one place where it is acceptable to wear gym clothes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don’t consider myself a protectionist. People are people and business is business. But now and then I like the idea of knowing that something in my hands was put together by people I might have occasion to know. Mike Williams, blogger of A Continuous Lean & The Material Review, has compiled The American List. It’s a listing of stateside manufacturers of apparel, accessories, and accoutrements. It’s worth familiarizing yourself with. So when you need a whatever, you can help out the folks down the street and appreciate what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment